- Duration: 10 Nights 11 Days
- Location: Shimla Kalpa Sarahan Spiti Manali
- Price: 14,500/- Per Pax
Tour Plan – Delhi / Chandigarh – Shimla (01 Night) – Sarahan (01 Night) – Sangla (02 Night) – Kalpa (01 Night) – Tabo (01 Night) – Kaza (02 Night) – Manali (02 Night) – Delhi / Chandigarh / Ambala
Day 1 Delhi to Shimla:
Arrive at Delhi Railway Station / Airport & drive to Shimla drive of around 08 hours Reach Shimla evening free to explore The Mall. O/N Hotel
Day 2 Shimla to Sarahan
: After breakfast checkout from hotel and drive to Sarahan on the way visit kufri, Narkanda,Rampur O/N Hotel.
Day 3 Sarahan to Sangla: ( 90 kM / 3– 4 HRS): Drive to Sangla after Brack fast checkout from hotel and drive to sangla O/N Hotel.
Day 4 Sangla- Chhitku- Sangla (Stay) (3 HOURS./40 KM) Hrs:
After B/F, explore the vicinity around including an ancient Kamru Fort & Temple dedicated to the Goddess Kamakhya Devi which was brought from Assam & Nages God. Post Lunch, excursion to Chitkul – a last Village on Old Indo – Tibetan Trade Route. Walk through green orchards & brilliant stream. Return back to Sangla for Dinner & O/N stay.
Day 5 Sangla to Kalpa: (4 HOURS/49 KM.) 2670 Mtrs :
After B/F, check-out from the Hotel & drive to Kalpa – District Headquarter of Kinnar & once a favorite haunt of Lord Dalhousie. Arrive Kalpa & Check-in to your Hotel. Kalpa was known as Chini back in the days when it was the Regional Capital. Kalpa has changed little in the last 500 years. It is said that as & when Lord Dalhousie wanted to take a break from his hectic schedule in Shimla, he would come here on his Horseback. Each & every corner of Kalpa facing Jorkanden & the Kinner Kailash Peaks, considered as one of the mythical homes of Lord Shiva & by its side is a 79 foot rock formation that resembles a Shivlinga that changes the colour as the day passes & is visible to the naked eye on a clear day. Post Lunch rest in Hotel & in evening visit to Buddhist Gompa – Hu Bu Lan Kar. Dinner & O/N stay.
Day 6 Kalpa to Tabo: (6 HOURS/145 KM.) 3500 Mtrs
After B/F, Check-out from Kalpa Hotel & drive to Tabo. En-route visit Nako Lake – Kinnaur’s most picturesque hamlets. Nako is slated to be declared a heritage village built around a small lake & has an important Buddhist Gompa & a small Temple. A footprint like impression on a rock is ascribed to the saint Guru Padmasambhava.Welcome to Spiti Valley – with few signs of Vegetations. Yet this land renders visitors speechless with it’s harsh raw beauty of the landscape. Rudyard Kipling describes Spiti in “Kim” in these words: “At last they entered a world within a world – a valley of leagues where the high hills were fashioned of the mere rubble & refuse from off the knees of the mountains…surely the Gods live here.Arrive Tabo & Check-in to your Hotel. The ancient village Tabo situated on the left bank of river Spiti. It is the seat one of the most famous Buddhist Monasteries regarded next to the Tholong Gompa in Tibet. It is also know at ‘Ajanta of Himalayas’. Dinne & O/N stay.
Day 7 Tabo to Kaza:
After early B/F, participate in the morning prayers. Tabo Monastery constructed in 996 AD; – not just in Spiti but in the whole of the Tibetan Buddhist world is called Chogs – Khor [‘Doctrinal Circle’ or ‘Doctrinal Enclave’]. It is a complex that holds 9 Temples, 23 Chortens, a Monk’s Chamber & an extension that houses the Nun’s Chamber. On the sheer cliff-face above the enclave are a series of Caves, used as dwellings by the Monks & includes an Assembly Hall. The monastery contains large number of Scriptures & Pieces of Art, Wall Painting & Stucco. There is also a modern Gompa & Painting School founded by the Dalai Lama. Check-out from Tabo after Lunch. En-route visits Dhankar Gompa, the traditional Capital of Spiti, sits pretty on a hilltop. The hill-top Fort that overlooks the Spiti Valley also used to serve a Jail in old days. Today, more than 160 Lamas reside here. A Statue of Dhyan Buddha where four complete figures of Buddha sit back to back is the main attraction of this more than 7TH Century old Monastery. Continue drive to Kaza – the Capital of Spiti Valley. Arrive Kaza & check-in to your Hotel. Dinner & O/N stay.
Day 8 Kaza:
After early B/F by 07 AM; excursion trip to Ki Monastery. Situated at the foot of steep ridges & on the left bank of river Spiti is the Ki Monastery which is the Biggest Gelupa Sect Monastery in Spiti. It’s hilltop position points to a post 13TH Century construction. The three stories structure consists largely of storage rooms at the bottom level while the middle floor houses the Dukhang – the Assembly Hall & the uppermost floor has another Temple & Head Lama’s Quarters on the one side of an Open Terrace. The greatest wealth of Ki Gompa lies in its collection of ‘Thangkas’ salvaged with difficulty from the devastating raids of the Dogars & the Sikhs in the 19THCentury. Hundreds of Lamas receive their Religious Training in this Monastery & is famous for its ancient Murals & Books. From here a scenic drive takes you into the Pasture Country of Kibber. From Kibber, the Pastures are spread over hundreds of square kilometers. Return back to Kaza for Dinner & O/N stay.
Day 9 Kaza to Manali : ( 280 KM / 12 Hrs )
After breakfast check out from hotel & drive to Manali with Snow-Point sightseeing with Beas-Nala, Gulaba, Kothi. O/N Hotel.
Day 10 Manali :
After B/F, Proceed to Manali Local sightseeing with Hadimba Temple, Club House, Vashisht Temple, Tbetean Monestary, Van-Vihar & Visit Mall Road. O/N Hotel.
Day 11 : Checkout from the Hotel & departs for Delhi Drop
- Children below 5 years complimentary sharing parents’ bed.
- Children between 6-12 years cost 30% of the Hotel package cost, sharing same room. Extra adult in the same room 35% of the Hotel package cost.
- Check In 12.00 Noon, Check Out 10.00 A.M.
- Rates are valid till March 2015.
- Rates are per person on twin sharing basis with bed breakfast & dinner plan.
- Specific hotels will be allocated at the time of booking the itinerary. Please refer cancellation policy before making a reservation.
- The Above rates are valid till 31st March’15 (Except long weekends, local fairs & festivals).
- Kms calculated are based on garage to garage.
- No Refunf or Compensation for any unused services / transportation in any circumstances.
- Interstate permit, toll tax, parking will be extra for any changes in the fix itinerary.
- Transportation charges may vary in accordance with hike in fuel price.
- Flight / Train Tickets.
- Extra Meals (Additional food charge) or Drinks.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/ or any factors beyond control.
- Tips, Telephone Charges, Laundry.
- Travel Insurance.
- Any monument fees, any other expenses of personal nature.
- Guide charges.
- Sightseeing which is not mention in Tour Program.
- 10% cancellation charges if cancelled before 25 days before the tour.
- 25% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 20 days before the tour.
- 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 10 days before the tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 10 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour.